- How is food quality affected along the food chain?
- Can the nutrient quality change with potential to harm the consumer?
What substances could be present in food products that can harm consumers or any of the actors along the food chains?
How does processing and preservation technologies employed nowadays improve food quality? Is there potential for production of substances that have potential to harm the consumer?
Research in food quality can take any of the following directions:
- Nutritional quality of ready to eat foods
- Safety of nutrients in food
- Effect of processing on the nutrient content of foods
Food processing and preservation
- Effect of preservation techniques on the safety of food Safety of controlled food additives used in foods
- Food processing contaminants.